IGS has developed and patented a Waste Processing System capable of dealing with both the general waste and also medical waste generated within hospitals and medical facilities. The process not only reduces the volume of waste by 80% but also removes 50% of the weight by removing the moisture content within the waste. Most critically in relation to hospitals and medical facilities when dealing with medical hazardous waste, the temperatures achieved in the chamber during the process exceed 150°c to remove all pathogens, germs and bacteria, rendering the residual material sterile and harmless.
The process relies on friction to generate heat during the cycle, which in turn allows the moisture to evaporate as steam, which subsequently sterilises the waste, killing any harmful germs and bacteria. The now dry, odourless, sterile, and inert processed waste (RDF) is dispensed into a holding chamber containing a vacuum bag. Once the bag is sealed, it can be stored for up to 12 Months.
The whole process cycle is complete within 25 to 40 minutes, depending on the initial moisture content of the waste. Under normal conditions the Waste Processing System can effectively deal with the waste of up to 250 patients and staff, generating around 500KG of waste per day, in approximately 7 to 8 hours.
- Deals with all general waste.
- With set medical cycle, hazardous medical waste can be processed
- Self–contained plug and play containerised design available in 10′ & 20′ DNV configuration.
- Permanent fixed units can be installed in refuse collection areas.
- Reduces waste volume by up to 80%.
- Reduces weight by up to 50%.
- No smell during or after processing.
- Kills Germs and harmful Bacteria through sterilisation process, including those associated with hazardous medical waste.
- Vacuum packed allowing extended storage of up to 12 Months.
- The water removed during the processing can be used for irrigation.
- Long or short term rental solutions available.